Thursday, May 1, 2014

W.J.E.I. DAY 4- Breakfast

Day four and we have had only one non Paleo meal.  It was GF waffles.  I only join in the waffle madness around here once every few months...and today I did have 1- dry- no butter or syrup.

The recipe I use might seems a little daunting for the new GF home cook- but these are so worth it.

2 cup brown rice flour
2 1/4 cup white rice flour
1 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 T + 1t baking powder
2t salt
3 cups butter milk (or milk/milk of choice)
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
2 t maple syrup
3 room temperature duck eggs (or 4 chicken eggs)
*sub for egg is 1 rounded Tablespoon ground flax and 3T water per egg)

Mix all dry ingredients and set aside.  Beat eggs then slowly incorporate coconut oil then the other liquids.  Pour liquid into flour and mix well.


For extra batter use:
Either store in an air tight container in the fridge and use up in 2 days or make all the mix into slightly undercooked waffles then freeze.  Pop in toaster to finish off when in a rush out the door.


Really- truly- the best flavored waffle mix I have made yet.


2 comments:

  1. Yum! They look amazing! I would have had 2 with butter and syrup!!! I follow the 80/20 rule for most things. I think a GF waffle is just fine on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so good! I'm not much for waffles- especially coated with sweetness on them...so I prefer them plain in the first place. But the coconut oil shines through in flavor- I bet some cinnamon and honey would make it taste like a doughnut:)

    ReplyDelete