Friday, May 16, 2014

Protein bars


After lifting weights...or gardening- because gardening like I do has nothing on Boxfit- I like to grab a protein bar.  I won't buy conventional protein bars but instead prefer to make them in bulk and keep a few bags of them in the freezer.



I screw around with the ingredients off and on because I use what I have on hand. If you happen to buy super nasty organic protein powder that tastes like "wet play-dough" as a friend A.M. told me about...well... it works well to use it up in things like this:)


What you will need:

3 jars (16 oz each) of almond butter.  
3/4 cup Chia seed
6 cups protein powder
4 cups raw honey
3 cups old fashioned oats

At room temperature- mix almond butter and honey together first- 
then add protein powder then Chia and lastly add the oats.

I pack this into 2 large pans and refrigerate for a few hours until set. 
 Cut and package in Ziploc bags and store in the freezer.

I usually get about 72 bars total- each around 200 calories and weighing in with 20g protein or more depending on the nut butter and the protein powder.  This equates to an ideal snack for those who are active...or just want healthy fudge:)


1 comment: