Saturday, May 24, 2014

DIY shower cleaner turned ant killer

There are two things I absolutely can not stand seeing in my house. #1 Flies  #2 Ants

2 weeks ago I noticed and an ant on my counter.  I figured it towed in on a recent wildcraft harvest.  I then began a very busy 2 weeks out of state and back several times so I was not really home a lot.  For the past three days I was seeing 3 or 4 ants a day.  I knew I was getting a problem.
Today I opened up the cupboard and found the beginnings of a nest.  Ants hate peppermint, and soap kills.

Conveniently, I have peppermint shower cleaner I made last week.

1/4 cup peppermint castile soap- I use Dr. Bronners
16 oz rubbing alcohol
combine in a 1 gallon jug and fill the rest with water- separate off into a spray bottle and spray after each shower to put off  the "deep clean" about 3-4x longer than normal regimen requires.


After just a few sprays- every single ant and all of the eggs were saturated and there was no movement.  This multi-use spray works on many things- I even use it on outdoor tables to keep the bugs away.



No comments:

Post a Comment