Wednesday, April 30, 2014

W.J.E.I. day 3- leftovers

Since I had company over for lunch and the kids asked for the Shepherd's pie for a snack as well, this left me with needing to make dinner again.  With so many little pieces of leftovers from this weeks previous dishes I used up most ingredients tonight.

So far I have not tried to eat with the Paleo style in mind- this is an average week with average in house ingredients.  So far- so good.

Breakfast was half an avocado
Lunch was leftover Shepherd's pie
Snacks were also standard (almonds, homemade protein bar etc)
....all Paleo approved

The kids and I went and harvested watercress just down the road for an ingredient in a dish tonight...and very far from any farms or grazing pastures.  If your harvesting from downward flowing water...make sure you know what is up the hill before eating it!

For the ravioli-I used the leftover zucchini from lunch on day 1 to make the "pasta", queso from the sweet potatoes- along with an egg, some lemon and garlic to make the filling.  Mashed parsnips and almond flour became croquettes...and the salad was the other half of the avocado I ate for breakfast, watercress, fennel, lemon and roasted pine nuts.



A hot cast iron pan and a little olive oil will go a long way.

*In my opinion- the croquettes were not up for the brightness of the lemon in both the salad and the "ravioli"- So I would not recommend making this together- but it cleaned out the leftovers from the past few days without having to prep anything new.

1 comment: