Monday, April 21, 2014

Diatomaceous Earth


What is is? Tiny fossilized water plants

Food grade Diatomaceous Earth is 86% silica.
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) has a very strong negative point resulting in pulling toxins from the body- some studies show it absorbs E.coli, endotoxins, viruses, methyl mercury and even pesticide residues-etc.

Having enough Silica in the body, about 7g, allows for calcium absorption.  
7 grams of silica is a lot.  Way more than what we need in Iron.


Reported health benefits:

-Triglyceride reduction
-Enhances calcium absorption
-Natural weight loss
-Detox- removal of radiation and heavy metals
-Lower high blood pressure
-Lower high cholesterol
- In Europe and Asia (they have no FDA) DE benefits are widely used in health and beauty products for hair, skin, nails bones and joints.
-Can help slow the degeneration of connective tissues
-Hair, teeth, gums and nail strength 

Reported benefits from using DE go anywhere from preventing kidney stones, preventing and alleviating Alzheimer's, fading age spots, decreasing appetite to treatment for inflammation to the middle ear.  The list goes on and on and on......




I take 2 tablespoons mixed with oj or a protein shake every day.  Some people take it with water or coffee....  since it changes the viscosity of your liquid- I wouldn't personally want thick coffee.  I do have to stir it back up into the liquid from time to time as it settles if I take too long to drink it.




2 comments:

  1. Have you ever used the non-food grade for gardening? I went to look this up on amazon and noticed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the other response- I was answering different question and responded on here.
    To answer you-No. I stay away from non food grade D.E. because of the danger it poses to myself, children and pets. I do use food grade D.E. in the garden from time to time with my cabbages. The next time I remember I will use it with potato bugs and see how that works.

    ReplyDelete