Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Homemade water paints


I absolutely despise having my children beg me to paint only to pull out the paints to find this messy, one color puddle of dried brown grossness.
So- I decided to make my own.  After a few weird tries- I decided- completely uneducated in this decision btw- to go with this:
4T vinegar
8T baking soda
1t corn syrup
6T Corn Starch Divided

Vinegar and B. Soda first- fiz it out.



Do you remember mixing Corn Starch with water and then trying to punch it? It is a solid- until you let it rest in your hand and it transforms into a weird liquid.... yeah- so only add 4T of corn starch then divide into individual vessels so you can add your colors.  If it mixes well- add cornstarch after dye is mixed....or it will be very challenging.  Now- set off to the side and allow to dry for about 2 days.  
I will check back in and see if it even dilutes and spreads and let you know;)



**** day after****
They suck.  Seriously.  I will do this again and get it right before posting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment